Lee tagged me for this one: list 7 random things about yourself and then tag 7 more people to do the same… so here goes!
1. I love rain (good thing, living in Portland for the last decade!) — I love how fresh the air feels and as long as it’s not bitterly cold or bitingly windy, I like walking in it, too. I never really got used to the dryness of the desert air in Los Angeles, I missed the rain a lot.
2. I hate salad, and always have (sorry, Mom, I know you tried!). I love vegetables, just not raw lettuce and salad dressing, yuck.
3. The things I miss the most about North Carolina, where I grew up, are: thunderstorms, fireflies, swimming in the ocean, good hushpuppies, and seeing UNC basketball games all the time.
5. I’m obsessed with the Missions of California — I’ve visited three so far (San Luis Obispo, San Miguel Arcangel, and San Juan Bautista), and I’m already planning a birthday trip down El Camino Real next year. I want to visit all 21 and make a charm bracelet with the saints’ medals. And strangely, even though I’ve visited San Francisco at least a dozen times I’ve never actually made it to the mission there… next time for sure!
6. I love stars, and I think the Maersk truck with a star on it is my secret good-luck charm — when I see one on the highway, I know I’ll have a good rest of the day.
7. I adore flickr and if I didn’t have work to do, I would hang out there all day long.